Should You Repair or Replace Your AC System?
November 10, 2017 - No Comments - Posted by Texas Air Authorities
Texas Air Authorities Will Help You Weigh the Evidence
Yikes! On our routine patrols, we’ve noticed it’s gotten a whole lot chillier in these parts. So we’re issuing an all points bulletin and asking all of you law-abiding citizens to be on the lookout for the high heat and humidity that has suddenly escaped the area. The evidence suggests we won’t find it anytime soon. It seems we’ve got a cold case on our hands for months to come.
While the hot weather is MIA, November is an ideal time for homeowners and businesses to schedule routine AC inspections. You’re probably not using your air conditioning as much—if at all—right now. You might not even be thinking about your AC, which seemed oh-so-important just a few short weeks ago. But this colder weather won’t last forever. And you’re going to want your unit running in top-notch condition when you need it again. The last thing you want to deal with next summer is a failing system and a frantic search for AC replacement service in Grand Prairie, TX, or wherever you call home.
That’s why it makes sense now to let the good guys at Texas Air Authorities give your AC system the once over. We’ve got the expertise and training to give just about any make and model a thorough interrogation. Your system might be reluctant to talk, but we have the tools and tactics to get even the most uncooperative unit to spill the beans. Once we’ve gathered all of the evidence, we can give you our best advice on that age-old question: Repair or replace?
Just the Facts
At Texas Air Authorities, we have every weapon in our arsenal to recommend the most reliable and affordable option for your home or business. We’ve always got your back. We won’t ever try to strong-arm you or use high-pressure sales pitches to make a sale. Instead, we’ll give you honest answers and point you in the direction of repairs when they can be done professionally and affordably.
So, how do you reach the proper verdict? Here are some key pieces of evidence:
- Exhibit A: Age. Has your unit been walking the beat for more than 15 years? If so, it’s probably time for it to retire. Keeping an aging system around and expecting it to run efficiently and reliably through the next grueling summer season is a serious gamble. The odds are against you.
- Exhibit B: SEER rating. You can weigh how efficient your unit is and how much money you save over time by its Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. Most older systems have SEERs of 6 or less. Today’s systems can reach SEERs of up to 25. Your old system could be robbing you of comfort—and money. Texas Air Authorities can help you choose a unit that’s efficient and reduces your energy costs.
- Exhibit C: Refrigerant. Are you using R-22 refrigerant? As part of its energy conservation efforts, the government is trying to phase out this product. The result: R-22 is very expensive. Sway the jury in your favor by purchasing a new system that uses R-410A refrigerant, which is more affordable.
- Exhibit D: Repairs. Most people shop for a new vehicle when breakdowns and repairs become frequent and too costly. That same strategy makes sense for your air conditioner. If it’s consistently on the fritz and burning a hole in your budget, it’s time to kick it to the curb.
- Exhibit E: Comfort. When your unit starts working overtime to keep you comfortable or can’t get the job done at all, you need to cut it loose. Newer systems feature lots of bells and whistles to ensure your comfort, including zoning systems and programmable thermostats.
- Exhibit F: Expired warranty. Keep a close watch on the expiration date of your warranty. When you lose your warranty, there’s no time off for good behavior—only headaches. Consider using the warranty to upgrade to a new, energy-efficient system.
Texas Air Authorities Has Got You Covered
Texas Air Authorities is the HVAC provider that has your back when it comes to the AC replacement service in Mansfield, TX, and throughout this territory. We have the most qualified technicians and best arsenal of ammunition to investigate and solve your case. We know how to track down the culprits and restore justice. We’ll protect your comfort and keep the peace—literally.
From AC replacement and installation to furnace repair, our crackerjack team can handle all of your HVAC and indoor air quality needs. Give us a jingle at 817.402.3576 or visit us on the web.