Make An Energy-Efficiency List—And Check It Twice
December 6, 2019 - No Comments - Posted by Texas Air Authorities
Texas Air Authorities Will Get Your HVAC Unit in Tip-Top Shape
From cookie baking to presents to holiday meals, ‘tis the season for making lists—and checking them twice. The good guys at Texas Air Authorities would like to remind you that there’s another very important list you should be making right now—a checklist to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
That’s right! Energy efficiency isn’t just good for the planet. It can save you a bundle, too. And we’re the home comfort partner that is here to help. From our exceptional heater repair service in Grand Prairie, TX, to our superior indoor air quality services in Arlington, TX, we have a fully-stocked arsenal of products and services that can help you on your journey to greater efficiency, big savings and total comfort.
Here are just a few items that should be on your checklist:
- Lower your thermostat. Get into the habit of lowering your thermostat when you’re not home. When you lower the temperature by just 3 to 5 degrees, you’ll notice a drop in your monthly energy bills. When you lower it by 10 to 15 degrees while you’re at work, you can save you as much as 5 percent to 15 percent a year.
- Seal up those windows. Your heating system needs to work overtime when cold air seeps in through gaps and cracks around your windows. Weatherstripping, silicone caulk and sheets of shrink film are all effective ways to keep out drafts and prevent air leaks. Your efforts can save you 10 percent to 20 percent a year on energy costs.
- Embrace cold. Did you know that your washer uses 90 percent of its energy to heat the water? If you use cold or warm water instead of hot, you’ll save loads of energy—and your clothes will be just as clean.
- Insulate the attic. A well-insulated attic helps eliminate air leaks and cut cooling and heating expenses.
- Replace those incandescent bulbs. Incandescent bulbs continue to be phased out because they’re simply inefficient. You can save even more on your energy bill by replacing old bulbs with light-emitting diodes (LEDs), compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and halogens. LEDs cost more, but they save you more over time (lasting up to 10 times longer). Plus, they’re cooler to the touch.
- Look for the Energy Star. Refrigerators, TVs, washers, stoves, air conditioners and other Energy Star products must meet strict standards and use 10 percent to 50 percent less energy. They also help reduce greenhouse gases and emissions.
- Give your HVAC system some love. Never underestimate the value of those yearly tune-ups. When your heating and cooling systems operate at peak efficiency, you enjoy total comfort—and monthly energy cost savings. Our crackerjack team of skilled and experienced techs will tighten connections, clean coils and make sure all parts are properly lubricated. These are all things that improve efficiency. Annual checkups also can reduce the need for unexpected HVAC repairs and cooling and heating replacements in Grand Prairie, TX, and beyond.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Texas Air Authorities has the skilled and experienced technicians you want on the case when you need a heating repair in Grand Prairie, TX, or a heating replacement in Arlington, TX. We’re sworn to serve and protect all of your heating, cooling and indoor air quality needs. To learn more or schedule your service today, simply give Texas Air Authorities a jingle at 817-402-3576 or fill out our online form.