Working From Home? These Tips Can Help You Stay Focused
May 8, 2020 - No Comments - Posted by Texas Air Authorities
The Good Guys at Texas Air Want You to Succeed
For many of us, working from home has become the new normal. Dining rooms, dens, basements, garages and even walk-in closets have been transformed into home offices. And while some of us are really, really good at this new way of working, others could use some pointers to stay focused and productive.
Make Sure Your AC Is Prepared for the Job!
With summer just around the corner, here’s the No. 1 tip from the good guys at Texas Air Authorities for the working-from-home crowd (and everyone else): Make sure your air conditioner is ready for the blazing hot days ahead. If your AC suddenly walks off the job on a hot summer day, it will throw your work schedule into chaos. Of course, we’ll be happy to gallop on over to your house to provide our crackerjack AC replacement services in Hurst, TX, and nearby. But a thorough tune-up now will go a long way toward preventing an AC disaster this summer.
Call us today to schedule! We’re open and ready for your call. In the meantime, here are 10 additional tips to stay productive while working from home:
- Map out your territory. It’s important to have a dedicated space just for work. Plopping down on the living room couch isn’t just bad for your posture. It’s also a prime location for distractions, such as family conversations and TV watching.
- Avoid social media. Unless it’s part of your job, social media is a time suck that can easily throw you off track.
- Dress the part. Sweatpants and pajamas are not “work casual.” If you’re dressed for work, you’re much more likely to stay on task.
- Establish boundaries. Working from home requires some flexibility, especially since many of us have children who are distance learning and may need our help at times. But that doesn’t mean your work day should be filled with lengthy phone chats with friends or afternoon game sessions with the kids. Make it clear to everyone that you have work to do.
- Respect deadlines. Don’t go down the rabbit hole of procrastination. Rushing to meet deadlines at the last minute is a recipe for disaster and leaves no room for a contingency plan if something goes wrong at the last minue.
- Don’t mix housework with work. Laundry, vacuuming, dusting and cooking can all chip away at your focus and productivity. Save household duties for before and after work.
- Make a to-do list. This will help you stay on task. Besides, doesn’t it feel great to mark another item off your list?
- Stay active. Schedule exercise breaks into the day. When you keep moving, it will do wonders for your physical and mental health—and your concentration.
- Don’t overdo it. We all need a healthy balance between work life and home life. That can be harder to do when working from home. Make sure to “clock out” on time to avoid burnout.
Let’s Get Busy!
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work? The good guys at Texas Air Authorities sure are! We’re here for all of your heating, cooling and IAQ needs, including air conditioning installation service in Arlington, TX, and beyond. When you need us, give us a jingle today at 817-402-3576 or fill out our online form.